Open Bids and Cat 1 events update
CIVL opens the bidding process for the following events:
- Asian or Asian-Oceanic PG XC
- World PG XC
- World PG Aerobatics
- World PG Accuracy
- World HG XC Class 1, 2, 5, Sport
- Women's World HG XC Class 1
The deadline for the 2022 and 2023 bids is December 1, 2020. The decisions will be taken by the February 2021 CIVL Plenary.
Continental Championships bids will be open in 2021.
The decisions will be taken by the February 2022 CIVL Plenary.
Detailed information and documents can be found on the page https://www.fai.org/page/category-1-championships
Category 1 events Update
The Covid-19 pandemic has disturbed the CIVL First Category Events schedule. Currently, the schedule is as follows:
- World Paragliding XC in Cœur de Savoie, France, May 23 - June 05
- World Paragliding Accuracy in Prilep, North Macedonia, Oct 07 - 16
- World Paragliding Aerobatic in Trasaghis, Italy, dates to be confirmed
- World Hang-gliding XC Class 1 in Krushevo, North Macedonia, July 19 - 31
- World Hang-gliding XC Class Sport in Groveland, USA, April 19 to May 1
- European Paragliding XC in Nis, Serbia. Dates to be confirmed.
- European Paragliding Accuracy in Romania. Dates to be confirmed.
- Asian Paragliding Accuracy in Kazakhstan. Dates to be confirmed.
- European Hang-gliding XC Class 1 in Monte-Cucco, Italy. Dates to be confirmed.
- Pan-American Hang-gliding XC Class 1 in Big Spring, USA. Dates to be confirmed.
Issue of the World Hang-gliding XC Class 5, 2 and Women
The 2020 events have been cancelled. So far, these events have been organised as stand-alone or combined in different ways, even once including Sport. Currently, there is a discussion within the CIVL Hang Gliding Committee on what could be the best solutions acceptable by organisers.
It is not impossible that a World Class 5 and/or Women will be organised along with the 2021 Class 1 event in Krushevo.